Wednesday, April 9, 2008

First Dances - with a little personality!

First dances don't have to be lovey-dovey. Here is a little collection of some of my favorite wedding 'first dance' performances :-) Which is your favorite?

Pop lock and drop in Oakland:


I like big butts:


California Love... I love how unenthusiastic the audience is:


Jack Johnson, Michael Jackson:


Dirty Dancing in the UK (this was pretty famous, made some TV shows):


And finally, this isn't really a first dance but I LOVE this video. The DJ played Thriller at our reception, but no one really knew the choreography well. I tried to do a couple moves and everyone on the floor tried to follow along, but it was nothing like this video!



Inspired by the videos but thinking, "How in the heck could I choreograph something like this?" Ask a dancer friend to help you out, or better yet -- re-use choreography. You have many options out there... movies, music videos, YouTube videos. The world is your oyster. And if your fiance is on board with the idea, you've already 50% there!

1 comment:

emptyfirefly said...

OMGOSH! I was DJing a reception in Maquoketa Oowa and the Brides Maids did the THRILLER DANCE!!! August 2011