Monday, April 7, 2008

Welcome to The Bridal Diaries!

So, what are The Bridal Diaries?

I was recently married and didn't realize how much of a wealth of information I had gathered from planning my own wedding until I started advising one of my best friends on her upcoming wedding. Despite the stress, I found wedding planning to be a lot of fun. Even today, I still enjoy flipping through bridal magazines and checking out trends. So in a nutshell, this is my little corner of the web to post my own musings and bloggings from my own experience planning our wedding.

I dove into wedding planning a bit wary of the wedding industry. For example:

  • I DO NOT think a wedding cake has to cost an arm and a leg to still be gorgeous and delicious.

  • I DO think you can find absolutely exquisite wedding dresses for well under a grand.

  • I DO think you can plan a wedding entirely by yourself with the help of Google Docs and Spreadsheets, Google Calendar, a wealth of wedding websites that offer fabulous tips and ideas, and finally - your own passion and desire to make your special day memorable. You don't have to be a professional wedding planner to come up with truly creative ideas for your wedding.

  • I DO NOT think that you should feel obligated to plan things a certain way due to pressure from other people or from the wedding industry. Don't want flower girls? Don't have them! Prefer a buffet dinner rather than plated courses? Do it! Would rather have a little more color in your dress than going all white? Baby, color yourself pretty.

  • I DO think that "at the end of the day" (just had to insert a lame work phrase in here), the most important thing is that a wedding is all about celebrating your love for each other. The more you can make the event unique to your relationship and full of personal touches, the better. That's what people will remember, not how extravagant it was.


With that, thanks for reading and I hope you find this useful!

No comments: